The new Bredon Hill Academy
Death's Head Hawk Moth in Ashton! Click on the image to read a fascinating illustrated story, with video.
Picture by Jeremy King. See more in our Wildlife Gallery
Flowers and thatch
Picture by Jo Brown
Ashton village cross - a scheduled ancient monument
An aerial view of Ashton;
Ashton Free Church;
St Barbara's Church, Ashton under Hill
more pictures in our
How to find
Ashton under Hill
News about Ashton
- New The Parish Council is looking for innovative, enthusiastic people to help us develop the new village Neighbourhood Plan. Having a plan will give us more influence over future development, enhancement and conservation of our area. However, we just don't have the resources within the Council to do this without extra help. We would like to set up a working party of about six Ashton residents with Cllr Janette Becket at the helm. This is a great opportunity to help the village and will be really interesting too! For more information please contact Janette on 07504 471621. Detailed information can also be found at: mycommunity.org.uk.
- Ashton's 2016 traditional village Fete and Produce Show was a great success, despite the unwelcome rain, and huge thanks are due to the organising team, all the helpers and evryone who came along to show their support for this great village event. Pictures will follow on our dedicated Fete and Produce Show page in due course
- On Thursday 1 September 2016 Bredon Hill Middle School in Elmley Road became Bredon Hill Academy, part of The Hill Trust, and no longer a local authority maintained school. See their new school website here.
- A mobile Post Office service started in the village on 19th July. The mobile van, which has wheelchair access, is located in the Free Church car park every Tuesday and Thursday between 12:30 and 1:30pm. This is excellent news for residents with mobility or transport issues who find it difficult to visit other post offices in the area. Thanks to the Parish Council and the Free Church committee for helping to achieve this service for the village.
- Despite a wet forecast and a torrential downpour on the Sunday, this year's Ashton Open Gardens raised a little more money than last year. Just over £5,500 has been distributed between the Community Centre, St Barbara's Church, Ashton First School, Bredon Hill Middle School Gardening Club, the Guides and the WI. More details and pictures of this year's event, including the results of the Photographic Competition, are on the Ashton Open Gardens website.
New September 2016 issue of the Beckford Group Parish Magazine
Summer 2016 issue of Ashton News our village newsletter with a local contact list
Minutes of the Annual Parish Council Meeting on Tuesday 10 May 2016
Evesham and District Mental Health Support Services newsletter
Ashton WI's activities in February and March
The illustrated story of a Death's Head Hawk Moth Caterpillar found in Ashton; by Roger Umpelby
Latest Superfast Worcestershire Newsletter, with news of improvements in broadband coverage in Ashton.
December 2015 Newsletter from the CATCH project in South Africa, supported by St Barbara's Church.
Ashton 'Chain Gang' Report Christmas 2015
Gardening Club programme for 2016
Preparing for a Power Cut or Emergency - view or download a useful leaflet from Western Power Distribution
Bus timetables for 540 Evesham-Ashton-Tewkesbury service
Ashton 88 Football club
Ashton Tigers junior footballers
Ashton under Hill Village Information Booklet
Ashton Community Centre
Ashton Cricket Club
Ashton First School
Ashton Information Booklet (PDF)
Ashton in Old Photos
Ashton Open Gardens
Beckford & District Gardening Club
Beckford Village Hall
Bredon Hill Group of Churches
Bredon Hill Middle School
BHMS Horizon Newsletter
Bredon Village website
Bus Timetables for Evesham-Tewkesbury Service No 540
History of Ashton
How to Find Ashton
Online guide to Worcester area
Overbury Village website
St Barbara's Church
The Star Inn
West Mercia Police
Old Photos of Ashton
Ashton Open Gardens
What's On at the Evesham Arts Centre?
Ashton under Hill Cricket Club
Bredon Hill Postboxes (including two in Ashton)
Ashton under Hill Conservation Area description and map
Ashton under Hill Village Plan 2006
Bell Ringing at St. Barbara's
Websites of neighbouring villages
A wartime aircrash in Ashton